What is Myofascial Release?
Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
1. Normalize fluid flow
2. Normalize muscle function, and range of motion
3. Normalize nervous system/proprioception function
4. Decrease stress on tissues around the fascia and in other parts of the body.
What are the benefits of Myofascial Release?
Almost everyone benefits from some form of soft tissue massage when there is injury. Myofascial Release can help to lessen pain and increase movement
Myofascial Release helps to safely and gently release the entire Myofascial complex providing lasting results.
When is it used?
Myofascial Release is highly effective in treating patients with the following diagnoses.
- Back strain, chronic back pain, low back pain, thoracic back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic cervical pain
- Complex pain complaints
- Dizziness, vertigo
- Myofascial pain dysfunction
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-Polio symptoms
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- TMJ dysfunction
- Trigger points, tender points
Arthritis and Sports Orthopedics & Physical Therapy ."myofascial-release." Photo. Arthritis and Sports' Blog. 27 Sept 2005. 2 Sept 2011 <http://www.arthritisandsports.com/blog/?p=213>